In 1957, the Loeb Common School District and Chance Common School District consolidated to form Chance-Loeb School District, to serve area students in the first through eighth grades. High school students attended either Silsbee or Kountze High School with tuition. The Chance-Loeb School District became Lumberton ISD in 1967.
Early Childhood (PreK, K, T-1, 1ST, PPCD)
Primary School (1st,2nd, & 3rd)
Lumberton Primary School was built in 1973, for grades K, 1, 2 & 3. Kindergarten
was eventually moved because enrollment exceeded the building capacity. In 2000,
a new 80,000 square foot Lumberton Primary School was built and housed grades 2
and 3. The 1973 building was extensively remodeled and first grade had a
High School (9th, 10th, 11th, 12th)
Lumberton High School was built in 1979 for students in grades 9-12. The original facility consisted of the main building with classrooms, vocational building, field house, and athletic fields. During the last ten years, several construction projects have added additional facilities to the high school complex; C-Hall in 1995, Girls’ Field House in 1997, Stadium expansion in 1998, and the Band, Choir, D-Wing, and Food Court areas were completed in 1999. The Science Lab addition to D-wing was completed in 2002. In 2012 electrical changes were made, new science lab added, renovated field house/weight room/trainers area and stadium.
The original Administration Building was located on the Early Childhood campus and was a portable building. Our current location at 121 South Main was built in 1978 and a new addition to the location was built in 1996.
2007-Purchase of 155 acres on Hwy. 421