It is with great pride to welcome you to Lumberton Independent School District. I hope you find our website both useful and informative. Lumberton ISD is a great school district dedicated to student achievement and creating an environment to support all students. Our district is comprised of five campuses: Early Childhood (Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten), Primary School (1st Grade to 3rd Grade), Intermediate School (4th Grade to 6th Grade), Middle School (7th Grade and 8thGrade), and High School (9th Grade to 12th Grade).
I am fortunate to be the Superintendent in a community that values the education of their children. As we progress through this year, it is our intent to provide districtwide transparency as we identify our needs and goals for the upcoming school year. Lumberton ISD is proud to characterize itself with the following attributes:
- Tradition – The district continues a proud tradition of providing quality learning experience for all of our students in a safe and caring environment.
- Service to the Community – Creating responsive stewards through student service within our community. We are here to serve the Lumberton community and make our citizens proud.
- All students matter - We all know that in larger school districts students become numbers; however, in Lumberton, we come to know our students and their families.
- The perfect size district – Lumberton schools are big enough to offer many of the academic offerings of larger school districts, but we remain small enough for our students to receive personalized attention in a safe and supportive environment.
- Academic Choice and Fundamentals – The district offers many career pathways for students academically along with having a wide variety of elective offerings supporting the core curriculum. Our high school offers Advanced Placement, and honors courses while our elementary and middle schools offer gifted and talented programs. There are course offerings for every student to support their plans for the future. Overall, in addition to these great offerings, our district firmly believes in building strong fundamentals and are committed to providing a solid foundation for all of our students in reading, writing and mathematics.
- Well-Rounded Education – The districts extra-curricular and co-curricular programs are outstandingallowing our students to participate in a well-rounded education. Programs include award winningperforming arts programs, clubs, sports, robotics and many more.
- Dedicated and Caring Staff – Most importantly, the district has dedicated employees throughout the schools and departments who are committed to the success of our students.
Please remember, if I can be of any assistance please stop by for a visit or feel free to approach me out and about at school events. If you are looking to move to our community and join our school district, please take the opportunity to visit our campuses for a tour. Together, we can further make our district the best in southeast Texas.
Dr. Gerald Chandler